Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dakota's Baclofen Pump Refill


Well, we made it through another refill! He even inserted the medicine!!! He was quite proud of himself, which he should be. For those of you who don't know it can be quite an adventure! Dakota has gone through alot of different procedures and surgeries that have left him quite tramatized. We spent a good part of the day at Primary Children's on Monday. They increased his medication and we go back again in 3 weeks for another increase. His muscles have gotten pretty tight again with his last growth spurt. The braces they made for him a few months ago are not working at all. So we have to get another pair fit and made for him. I tell ya, this kid has been through a lot. More that most people experience in a lifetime. Yet, he is still always smiling and has that "glow" all around him. I am so glad to be his mother and to have him part of our family. He is such a great big brother! I can't beleive that he is going to be 8 years old next month. Time flies! I need to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life more often and not take such little things for granted. Don't we all!!! (:

7 comments:

Amberly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheTandyFamily said...

We love Dakota! You are right, what a tough kid! I don't get to see Dakota very often, but everytime I do he always does have a big smile on his face.

Tiff said...

He is such a cute kid! I can't believe it but you are tuff parents too going through it with him! I can't believe he is almost 8 how exciting!

Haley L said...

What a trooper you have. Glad you found our blog so we could reconnect. I remember when Dakota was born! Working at Children's here in Denver has given me a whole new perspective on kids like Dakota. What a champ!!

Jaimee said...

Tanalyn, hello from Arizona! What a tough & brave son you guys have and what tough & brave parents he has! Your boys look darling and are getting so big! Congrats on your little one's first birthday. Hope all continues to go well!

Justin and Chalisa said...

Tanalyn!!! I can't believe you found us! This is great! So where are you guys living? Your family is adorable. My email is chalisaeborn@msn.com, we need to catch up!!!

Candice Eborn said...

I was just in Logan a week ago and drove past L.W.'s! I am glad to see we both moved on to greener pastures. Your family is DARLING! It is crazy how much can change in 10 years. I saw one of your pics at Thanksgiving Point, do you live around there? My sister lives in Lehi so we are down that way sometimes. It would be fun to see each other, keep in touch!