
Bridger went in last week and had his tonsils, adnoids and ear tubes removed. The surgery went really well. He was a little bit nervous going in that morning, but tried his darndest not to let anybody know it. Matt stayed home with Nash and I took him in. Just a few things that happened that morning that I need to write down for the memories.....on our way to the hospital he looked over to me and said "When I'm all done with this it will be like I have a new life!" It took everything to keep a straight face. Once we got him all admitted and back into the prep room is when the emotions kicked in for him. They handed him "The Gown" to put on and the tears started streaming down the face. He was NOT going to take off his pants, luckily the nurses were really good about it and let him keep them on. They wheeled him on back to surgery which lasted a little over an hour. I met him back in the recovery room and he was awake. He wanted a slurpee right off and downed the whole thing. He was definately hurting, but still trying so hard to be tough. Once they released him, we were on our way home. Once again, he looked over at me and told me "I don't feel like I have a new life!" Again, I could hardly keep a straight face, he almost had me in tears, the poor little guy. His dad had some balloons here for him when we got home, which he loved and then he had a few of his friends that stopped by with some balloons and popsicles for him as well. His class also made him a get well poster! (shown in picture above) He has the greatest teacher ever!
Well, it has certainly been a long week for him. He is still trying to recover. More than anything, it is his cheeks that are hurting and he is still not talking normal. He went back to school for the first time today....boy am I glad! Woops, did I say that out loud? Hopefully this will put an end to the ear infections and colds that he's had to deal with! Now if only Nash would get to feeling better!
2 comments:
So glad that the surgery went well. Sending you our love, Bridger!
So maybe I'm a little emotional, but that made me cry a little bit. Such a brave little guy. I'm glad it's all over, and he can get on to his new life.
Post a Comment