Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dakota #5 playing Jr. Jazz!


Well, Dakota has begun playing Jr. Jazz for the first time! I don't know who was more nervous about the whole thing, me or him. I debated over this for quite some time. I guess I need to learn to just let go and to know that everything will be alright or that things happen for a reason! He absolutely loves basketball more than anything. He could tell you more about each and every one of the Jazz players and their stats without having to think twice about it. I just couldn't get myself to tell him NO that he can't play, no he's not going to be able to run as fast as the other kids, that he will probably fall down more than the other kids, that he has to be soooo careful with his pump so that nobody accidentally bumps into it or that he doesn't fall on it. I am so glad that he is playing. The coach has been great with him and so have all of the other kids....they treat him just like all the rest. He gets out there and is so determined to keep up with them and stay with "his" man on defense. He is doing a great job and is loving every second of it. I am so proud of him and all the hard work that he puts in. He is a tough little guy and he is not going to let anybody stop him or hold him back!!! We sure do love him. He has taught us so much more about life in his 8 years than I could ever imagine. We know that he was sent to us for a reason and by dang we are going to do the best that we can to give him all that he needs. We definately have our struggles and I wonder what in the heck that I'm going to do, but I need to remind myself that Heavenly Father will never give us more than we can handle.
And so, with that being said, maybe the video above will have more meaning for you.
WARNING: It's a tear jerker!!!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

We love him and know what a special young man he is. He is a giant among many.

Amberly said...

I think it is so great that he loves to play and wants to play for that matter. Nothing is going to stop that kid, he knows what he wants and he goes after it...good for him!!! Also, it is great that he has parents that give him the support and encouragement to do the things he loves. What great examples you guys are as parents!!!

Jeni Limb said...

I absolutely know what you are saying! It is so hard to let them do things because we get scared, but if we take a second to look at it from their perspective, they think they can do it and who are we to hold them back! Good for him and for you guys! I can just see you on the sidelines holding your breath for the entire game!Been there!Chris always has to calm my nerves before participating in sports.Isn't it supposed to be the other way around???

Emily said...

This is so great...I am so excited to hear that Dakota is playing ball and loving it. I love how determined he is! You are such a great mom and I am so glad that you give him the encouragement and support!

Kelly said...

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing!! Way to go Dakota! What a great mom you are!

Sanders Clan said...

What a powerful young man you have there! I think you are so right in the perspective of being given more than we can handle. I think you are awesome parents and you sure do deserve your place in heaven!!!:) You and I both know we were given special little spirits for a special reason!

PB and JS said...

Ahh that video makes me cry every time. Also Dakota is the sweetest kid, and I am so glad he is getting to play.