Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekend in Bear Lake!


We got invited to go up to Bear Lake to Matt's sisters Lake House over the weekend. We had a great, freezen' time! One of the days we headed up to the sinks in Logan Canyon and took the boys sledding. All I have to say is that I am so thankful that Scott and Bryon had their snowmobiles to pick us up at the bottom. Nash only made it a few times before he was freezing, Dakota rode on all fours, which was hilarious to see, he worries about his stomach pump as much as I do, and than there was Bridger who kept on trying to catch some more air! We definately froze our "ka=hooties" off! It was about 7 degrees up the canyon that evening and than -20 when we left the next morning! Yes, that is a negative sign!!! I had forgotten how it feels when it's that freaken' cold!!!
BTW-School starts tomorrow!!! Hooray!!!

7 comments:

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Cute but definitely COLD looking pics! But isn't it crazy that we grew up playing in that all winter long:) I am sooo sorry about losing your pics - ugh! Hopefully you can get it figured out!

Emily said...

What a fun weekend...My kids wouldn't know what to do if they saw snow. It has only snowed once while we have been here in Texas and it was gone the next morning. We are enjoying weather in the
70's this week. Maybe I could live in Texas in the Winters and Utah in the Summers...Cute Pictures at Bear Lake...Sorry that you lost your pictures over Christmas...Ugh...But glad to hear you all had a nice Holiday!

Sanders Clan said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend in Bear Lake. I can't believe how long kids can stay out in the cold and play. I am so sorry to hear about your Christmas pics, and I hope you get them figured out:) Heave fun enjoying your time while the boys are in school! I am loving mine, but I wish Shad was in school now!!

Jenny H said...

Hi!!
It made my day to read your comment. As you could probably tell, it wasn't the best. Sometimes it just piles up you know? And, I completely agree with you about understanding. I had no clue - but it is definetly the hardest and most beautiful thing I have ever been a part of!
Your boys are so cute. I am quite partial to the blue eyed blondies :). I also love their names.
I hope you don't mind me checking in on you now! It is nice to have a friend who can relate.

Jeni Limb said...

I have to say that I was very happy for school to start as well!!!! Sorry you froze your bums off!

PB and JS said...

Burrr! I am sick of this cold weather already. That looks like a lot of fun though. Also thanks for covering for me on Sunday. Paul told me he was like 20 minutes late to tell Amber I could have smacked that man for being such a disaster. I went to bed with a really bad stomach ache, and then I woke up with the worst Migraine ever. Your the best for saving me!

Tiff said...

I am so excited for dakota that he gets to do that daytona thing that is so awesome. He is so amazing I love watching him play sports it makes me so happy. what a sweet boy.