Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dakota's New Braces!


I'm a little late posting these......he actually got these a couple weeks ago. They have just been really hard for him to adjust to. He's been out of wearing braces for over a year now, which we never should have done, so his achilles tendons are extremely tight and he's up on his tippy toes again. He's getting to wear he can wear them for a couple of hours now, he started out at a half hour. We know now that he will probably always need the DAFO braces with a hinge to keep him stretched out. We would much rather these than ever having to put him through surgery again though. He got to choose what color straps and decor on them. Of course, they have every sort of ball there is on them, not that you can see them, they are covered by the shoe. Dakota swears that he is going to be a basketball player when he grows up and play on the UTAH JAZZ TEAM!!!
We hope his dream will come true!!!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Your boys are dang cute! I hope to see Dakota on the Jazz court someday! I wish fall would last forever!

Emily said...

What sweet boys you have. Dakota you look so handsome. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see you playing with the Jazz.

Tiff said...

Okay this is funny to ask you this on blogger but I don't have your # - if you aren't busy on Tues. morning can you come help me at the school with the vision screening I think it is about 1 1/2 hour long and you have to be there about 9:00 - if you can't no big deal I just need a few more people and don't no who to ask - and if you know anyone to ask please feel free to do so - thanks!!!

Amberly said...

Dakota is an amazing boy. It wouldn't surprise me to see him play for the Jazz one day...he has true determination when it comes to sports!!!:)

Jaimee said...

Dakota is so cute and looks great decked out in his JAZZ braces. Your family's positive attitude is a great example to all during trials. Your boys look darling in your "last days of summer" pics. I am jealous of the green grass and high mountains all around you! I know God must think the desert is beautiful but... :)

Becky Montoya Wright said...

Love your blog. You have a beautiful family. I saw your question posted under the comments of my blog a few weeks ago. Wanted to make sure you saw my reply. The link below should take you there.

http://managingyourlife.blogspot.com/search/label/Mail%20Reply

Sanders Clan said...

Awesome braces Dakota! They look great. I know that someday his dreams will come true and I love that he reaches for the stars and beyond. He is truly a gift from God that only you and Matt could take care of cuz you are such great people.